In case I haven't already established with these posts that Dragon*Con is crazy crowded, let me restate it here. Dragon*Con is crazy crowded. And unless you are one of the lucky ones staying in a Dragon*Con hotel like the Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, or Westin, then there is no fortress of solitude for you to escape to in the middle of the day when you can't handle the people anymore.
Well never fear! Because this blogger knows your pain, and I've got you covered!
Where To Hide From the Crowds at Dragon*Con:
- Hyatt: The International Tower is hands down the best place in the Hyatt to hide, especially the bottom of the International Tower. This area is home to some small panels, and there is plenty of room to curl up in a corner and relax your feet. It's fairly quiet and not very populated. This is probably my favorite place to just escape into.
- Hilton: The Hilton is actually a great place to hide in general, because not much beyond the Walk of Fame goes on here. However, if it's evening time and you just want a chair to sit in and a table to lay your head on, go to the Hilton basement. This is the gaming room, as in an entire ballroom with tables and chairs where people are playing board/card games. I can't vouch for during the day, but in the evening it gets quiet and cozy. And of course, if you just want to rest your feet, you can always join a game too!
- Marriott: There are no places to escape people (that I've found) in the Marriott. It is crazy crowded all the time. However, for people watching, the Atrium level where the two big vendor rooms are is great. Find a corner, curl up, and take pictures of all the people passing by.
- Sheraton: The Sheraton has lots of nooks and crannies you can curl up in. This building is the home to the Trek Track, though, so beware the Trekkies!
- Westin: I honestly don't know. It's not that it's crazy crowded, it's that I haven't spent a lot of time here.
So those are my secret places! What about you? Do ever have to find places where you can just hide from people at a convention or conference because you can't take the crowds anymore?