Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wheel of Time Book 12 News

So the other day I went to barnesandnoble.com to find out when the second Alcatraz book is coming out in Mass Market Paperback. For those of you who aren’t fans of Brandon Sanderson or don’t read Alcatraz, the Alcatraz series is a fantastic comedic MG fantasy that makes me literally laugh out loud. My family thought I was insane while reading the first book because I was giggling and laughing so much. You really should read it. Even though it’s MG, the humor is definitely not lost on us older readers. For those you who do follow Brandon Sanderson and do read Alcatraz, you’re probably thinking you can’t believe I haven’t read the second book yet. After all, the 4th book comes out in a few months. My only defense is that I like to have all of my books matching (i.e. either all hardback or all paperback). I bought the first Alcatraz book in paperback and I want the rest to match.

But this isn’t really a post about Alcatraz. This is really a post about Wheel of Time.

I searched for Brandon Sanderson, looking for the 2nd Alcatraz book, but the first book listed under Brandon Sanderson’s name was the new Wheel of Time book, the Gathering Storm, complete with picture (as seen above). You have no idea how excited that has made me. The new book is actually happening, it’s actually coming out. If Barnes and Noble says it’s true then it’s definitely true. The new Wheel of Time book is hitting the shelves on November 3, 2009, exactly 132 days away from today.

I have not held a new Wheel of Time book in my hand since my freshman year of college, and I am now starting my fifth year.

If you’re not a Wheel of Time fan, then you can’t possibly understand how exciting this is. Here is how you try: imagine a new Harry Potter book coming out and multiply that excitement by a thousand.

I’m not kidding. That’s how excited I am.

I need to finish Ben-Hur so I can crack open the Eye of the World again. I also need to earn money so I can buy all the books before the ninth book in hardback. Not only do the paperback books not match my new hardback ones, but they are falling apart since the novel is too big to be held by the binding.

I can’t wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment