Friday, December 17, 2010

Yesterday Adventures

Sorry about not posting yesterday guys! I had to do a couple of crazy Christmas/end of finals related things.

One of the things I did yesterday was go to George W. and Laura Bush's book signing for their new books. I did this as a Christmas present for my dad. Regardless of his political affiliations, having the signature of a former president is something he would greatly enjoy. My friend, Logan, had to go wait in line for the wristband for me the day before. He waited for three hours. (I was taking an exam, hence why he had to wait instead of me). You would think waiting the day before would mean you wouldn't have to wait too long the day of. Instead, I arrived at 9:00 am to find a line already in existence. The signing wasn't until 11:30 am. Luckily, the former president got there EARLY and started signing early! So I was out of there by noon.

I got to shake his hand, but the actual highlight of my day was meeting secret service people. There not as somber and stern as portrayed on TV. These guys were really nice, and sort of just looked like average guys. They were joking and talking with us, it was really great. So apparently, Warehouse 13 is right about how secret service people behave. They're all really just Pete Latimers. :)

After my former presidential adventure, I had to take my roommate to the airport and pick my little sister up. My roommate needed to get there at 4:15 and my little sister was supposed to arrive at 4:20, so I figured by the time I circled around from the evil side of the airport (airtran) to the good side (Delta) my little sister would be ready for pick up.

I was so wrong.

My friends and readers, I circled the airport for an hour. AN HOUR! I would have parked, but I kept thinking, it'll be just ten more minutes and I don't want to have to pay for an hour of parking.

I should have parked.

After that, my little sister really wanted Taco Bell. Unfortunately, it was pouring down raining and I somehow missed the Taco Bell on Ponce (which according to google maps totally exists). By the time I got home, it was like 6:30 pm and I just wanted to curl up into a ball and die.

Instead I watched Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella and then Beauty and the Beast.

So sorry I didn't post yesterday and sorry today's post wasn't way more exciting. But I'm trying to get a whole lot of research done so I can actually go home and enjoy Christmas.

But next week is Christmas week so I promise Christmas themed posts!

Finals are finally over! WEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment