Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Book Review: The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice Book 2)

Title: The Ranger's Apprentice: The Burning Bridge
Author: John Flanagan
Genre: Fantasy (MG)
Length: 262

Quality Rating: 6
Content Rating: PG

This was almost a 7. Perhaps I should have given it a 6 and a half. I simply didn't enjoy it as much as the first book. I found half of the story line to be a little disjointed and I still have a sense of confusion whether the series is actually high fantasy or set in ancient Britain. It's hard to tell for those of us who aren't British history experts. However, the story of Will and his friends does progress. Will and Horace's friendship grows, and I love how Horace continues to come to Will's aid without ever thinking about it. I enjoyed this book despite its minor problems and I have great hope for the next book. I'm thinking this book was just a sophomore slump.

This book, like its predecessor, gets a PG rating for some fantasy violence, duels to the death, and insinuation of terrible things done to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment