Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Book Review: The Adoration of Jenna Fox

Title: The Adoration of Jenna Fox
Author: Mary E. Pearson
Genre: Dystopian (YA)
Length: 265

Quality Rating: 7
Content Rating: PG-13

This book had been recommended highly on one of the blogs I follow, so I figured since The Hunger Games worked out so well, I might as well try this YA Dystopian as well. While I enjoyed The Adoration of Jenna Fox and even read it all in one read, I found the book to be slightly lacking. The major story line was mostly predictable, though she did introduce one character that I thought was going to play one role in the story and then turned out to not play much of a role at all - which I found rather odd. However, if you enjoy YA Dystopian novels you will probably enjoy this book. It was certainly an excellent book.

This book gets a PG-13 rating for the description of a terrible accident and a rather dark encounter in the woods. However, your average middle schooler should be able to handle it, though you may want to read it with them, just to be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment