Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Interviews

Sorry about not posting yesterday! I was still in Fall Break mode, and I was stressing about getting a pair of pants hemmed. Why would I stress about such a thing? Because I have an interview this week. And not just any interview. I have an interview for my dream job.

I've sort of had interviews before. I technically interviewed for my job at Disney in high school, but I didn't wear a suit or anything. It was very laid back and pretty much doing an interview was a guarantee of getting a job. I also did a phone interview for my current co-op. However, since it was over the phone, things worked a little differently.

This interview is live, in person, and scheduled to last an hour.

So this past weekend I bought a suit. The pants were about seven inches too long (yeah, I'm short). Thankfully, the mom of two of my friends agreed to hem them for me. (THANK YOU PATTI AND JENNIFER'S MOM!)

Basically this is my first real interview, and its for my ideal dream job. So I really really really don't want to mess it up, and I'm really afraid I'm going to. For example, I just learned for the first time today that you're supposed to send a thank you note to your interviewer. I never knew that! Now I have to buy some thank you notes!

I'm sure that many of you, my dear readers, have interviewed before. Any tips? Any ideas? Any other forms of etiquette I'm supposed to follow? Any tips at all would be appreciated. I really really really want this job.

Fingers crossed! Please pray for me! My interview is at 3:00 pm on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment